Lyndon Schneiders has 25 years of campaigning experience and is regarded by Australia's progressive political leaders as one of our most experienced and successful environmental advocates.
Earlier this year, he retired from his role as National Campaigns Director of The Wilderness Society, where he led teams that delivered a long list of wins for nature.
In this first episode of the Agents of Policy Change Podcast, we are going to be drawing on Lyndon’s experience to answer these broad questions:
- Can we really make a positive difference in our increasingly polarised world?
- How do we generate sustainable policy change as a result of the campaigns we run?
- What makes a good campaign strategy?
- What do we need to think about when we are first considering a campaign?
- What can we learn from the 2019 Australian Federal Election's shock outcome, where the Australian Labor Party lost despite polling suggesting otherwise?
I have known Lyndon for almost 10 years. He is one of the best campaigners I know. It was a pure pleasure to spend time talking to him about his career and how he achieved what he did. And I think he is still just warming up. Enjoy :)
[This episode was produced by the brilliant Dale Willis, founder of PodStream.me]